Thursday, January 12, 2012

Social Security Alumni Update .. January 2012

It's been a while since I posted to this blog.  Lots has happened.  Most importantly, we have moved into the space vacated by the Social Security History Room.  That office has moved to a marvelous space in the Operations Building, where one can trace the whole history of the Social Security program through to the current day.  If you can finagle a visit to this historical place, called The Social Security Museum, you will be in for a treat.  Larry DeWitt has realistically recreated the environment when this great Government program was born.

Meanwhile, here are a few pictures of our new space, and some of our beautiful office workers.







Some Social Security folks have been very helpful to us in obtaining and setting up our new office.  Especially helpful has been Kathy Jeffries.  I don't know how we could have made it this far without her expert guidance.

Recent Retirees

Each week, I copy down the names of those people whose retirements are advertised.  In addition, some folks send me such information.  Here are the names that I either received or recorded myself during the last three or four months.

Henry Gonshor
Bob Vaccaro
Debbie Wargo
Mike Gesuele
Bill Tate
Alyanda Joyce Garnett
Bill Smith
Roger Hicks
Lori Jones
Rick Friedman
Charlie Leatherman
Phil Itzkowitz
Terry Ashby
Mary Ellen Walsh
Phil Pickering
Sarah Ellen Akers
Kitty Chilcoat
Tim Kelley
Neil Whaley
Sherry Harris
Elaine Scott
Gloria Hartwell

Deaths

Wife of Jack Dowd
Wife of  Ron Mayer
Grandson of Delores Douglass
Father of Cheryl Levi
Daughter of Katrina Elliott and Granddaughter of Chris Tucker
C. Ellen Engelhardt
Mary Patricia Youskauskas
Jim Marsheck
Sherman Clagg
Brian Murphy
Carl Couchoud

I apologize if I have shown anyone in error in my lists.  I am now an old "dude" and make mistakes a lot easier than when I was a young "whippersnapper."

......................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment